3.15.2012

the rip tide

One of the best feeling is arriving home to a package waiting on your doorstep !
I recently made a purchase on this Mink Pink high-waisted lace shorts for a ridiculously low price that I could not refuse. At first I had my doubts on purchasing clothing online, as I ran the risk of it either not fitting or the seams were dodgy. However, the shorts came out as though it was purchased from a shop, never been worn nor anything wrong with it. Cannot wait to pair these up with some killer tanks with a blazer and my doc martens.
Today's outfit was rather inspired by funerals? The day before a friend suggested I'd be great working in a funeral home as my personality fits the job. I don't know whether to take that as an insult or a compliment, though it did inspire me to wear all black as I woke up to a gloomy and rainy morning. And I would like to point out first, its a two piece outfit !!! A skirt and a long sleeved top tucked under to give the illusion of a dress. They both are made from the same material.







Outfit
Top: Own design
Skirt: Own design
Rings: Forever new & Diva
Necklace: Cross pendant (Birthday gift) & Spike chain (Lovisa)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have those shorts but in beige!

Unknown said...

Those shorts are so cute! Loving the lace detail!

Lea said...

really beautiful shorts, totally love your rings.
we don't have topshop in germany either, but I just go with the online shop from topshop :)
xxLea

Unknown said...

I love the shorts - they are so gorgeous! I might have to go buy some now. Totally agree about online shopping - so risky!

xxx

jenny michelle said...

MINKPINK IS MY FAVE

xxxo,
jenny
www.jennymichellely.blogspot.com

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Cute shorts!!! I love them! I am going to look for them right now! I understand what you mean about shopping online. You never really know until you get the stuff in. A lot of companies do free shipping so I don't hesitate to order from them.

Amy

fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

Mariely Crowne said...

lovely shorts!!! agreed, I love coming home to a package waiting for me too!! Your funeral inspired outfit is super cute too!
xo
http://stylegod7.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! Your blog is so coooool! I love those shorts! The lace detail is wonderful! They'll be perfect for spring. I adore this outfit. The jewellery is a great touch, wonderful.